Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lateral Thinking 1 Part 2: My answers


  • A SAFE PLACE:

    Frank leaves home.  When he tries to return, a man wearing a mask blocks his path.

    1.) What is Frank doing?


  •  He's playing baseball, duh.
    2.) What is the masked man's occupation? 
    Catcher?
    3.) Where is Frank's "safe place?" 
    first, second, or third base.

    LAST LETTER:

    A woman is seated and is writing.  There is a thunderstorm outside and she dies as a consequence.  How did she die?

    While writing?

    WHAT AM I?:

    If you look, you can't see me.
    If you see me, you cannot see anything else.
    I can make you walk if you can't.
    Sometimes I speak the truth.
    And sometimes I lie.

    Okay, the first two make me think 'eyelids' and the last two 'mouth', but that doesn't work. This one stumps me. 
    AVOIDING THE TRAIN:

    A man was walking along a railway track when he spotted an express train speeding towards him.  To avoid it, he jumped off the track, but before he jumped he ran ten feet towards the train.

    Why?

     Because he was in a tunnel?
    THE PILOT'S SON:

    A man and his son were traveling on a scheduled flight across the Atlantic.  The man asked the flight attendant if his son could have a look inside the cockpit.  The boy was allowed to do this and the pilot gladly explained about the plane and its controls.  After the boy left, the pilot turned to the co-pilot and said to him, "That was my son."

    How could that be?

     The man was the pilot? It never said he couldn't be FLYING it.
    THE LOCKED ROOM:

    A man is dead in a puddle of blood and water on the floor of a locked windowless room.  What happened?


       Locked AND windowless? Wouldn't he have suffocated?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Followers